Probably Polka Dots Common Grammar Mistakes Bloggers Make | Probably Polka Dots

12 February 2014

Common Grammar Mistakes Bloggers Make

As a language arts teacher, grammar is near and dear to my heart. While I occasionally slip up and make mistakes myself (we're all human, right?!), there are some words that just shouldn't be confused. Over the past few weeks, I've been keeping a list of the mistakes that I see most commonly. I hope this list, the examples, and the tricks help you avoid making these errors in the future. It's a harsh grammatical world out there, y'all!


One final tip: when in doubt, just use an alternative word. I am a terrible speller (oh the ironies in life), so I will typically use a different word if I am unsure. And be mindful of spell-check; it is not always accurate, especially with words like "effect & affect".

What grammar rules and words do you struggle with?
post signature

SHARE VIA
PINTEREST

4 comments :

  1. affect/effect is hard for me, but I'm such a grammar nut that I make sure most things I write are correct (within reason of course, nobody's perfect)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that I am probably guilty a few times being that I sometimes throw posts together lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! You are my grammar super hero! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL