Probably Polka Dots How to Host a Chili Topping Tasting Party | Probably Polka Dots

28 October 2013

How to Host a Chili Topping Tasting Party

Planning get-togethers doesn't have to be stressful, and it certainly doesn't have to look like it just leaped off one of your Pinterest boards. This past weekend, I turned my friends' casual pumpkin carving tradition into a festive fall affair. It didn't break the bank, it didn't stress me out, and prep and clean-up was a breeze. The event? A chili-topping party! 

My job was simple: make a big pot of chili. We used a recipe from a local Atlanta favorite and let it simmer in the crock pot for a few hours. I asked each of my friends to bring a cheese to dress the chili - it was totally up to them what kind of cheese they brought, and I had no idea what to expect. 


Our cheeses ranged from classic cheddar to pimento (crowd favorite) to havarti with jalapenos. A few minutes before the party (literally!) I made some cheese identification flags using things I already had around the house: skewers, card-stock, and good ol' Photoshop. 


As each friend arrived, they placed their cheese in the appropriate bowl. I wanted everyone to be able to sample each kind of cheese on the chili, so I assembled paper cups & plastic spoons and displayed them on a platter. Each person could scoop as much chili as they wanted, add toppings, and enjoy...over and over again! 


We carved pumpkins, noshed on chili, and enjoyed the beautiful fall temperatures & each others' company.




It was a smashing success and was such an easy way to add a little pizzazz to a gathering. Give it a try and let me know how it goes. By the way, how fun would these be for future taste-testing?



 post signature

SHARE VIA
PINTEREST

6 comments :

  1. Adorable idea! Chili is my all time favorite fall meal! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say...Lauren Nail is looking fab!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also thanks for the delish chili recipe link!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea! I love topping my own chili (mostly so I can put on a ton of cheese) so this is right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lauren Nail! :) It was a blast, great idea!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL