Probably Polka Dots Eating Well: Summer Veggie Salmon Salad | Probably Polka Dots

05 June 2013

Eating Well: Summer Veggie Salmon Salad

I'm using June as a time to spruce up my healthy living and wellness. Over the past few weeks, I've been doing so much better with maintaining health(ier) habits, and I'm pretty proud of myself. I've worked out every day (even the weekends!), and I'm making big strides to eat better too. I even cut out COCA-COLA! It's the little things, y'all.


Last week, I enjoyed this hearty and healthy salad for lunch. I basically pulled-out every veggie from my fridge and piled them high on a bed of arugula. For a bit of protein, I enjoyed half of a salmon filet glazed with a happy mixture of unexpected ingredients: a tablespoon of honey (or agave) mixed with a table spoon of dijon mustard. Spread it over the fish and bake in a 400 degree oven for 15-20 minutes or until the fish flakes easily with a spoon. 

While the fish is cooking, toss some asparagus with olive oil, salt, and pepper, and pop it in the same oven for about half the time. Let the fish and asparagus cool, then add it to the bed of veggies. I dressed the salad with some Georgia olive oil and blackberry balsamic. YUM!

Side note: if you're a creamy dressing addict like me, I highly suggest making the switch to a quality olive oil & balsamic. Little balsamic and olive oil stores are popping up all over the place. I purchased mine from Strippaggio, but Buckhead Atlantans could try Oli + Ve. Look around your town and see if it's getting in on the action!
post signature

SHARE VIA
PINTEREST

3 comments :

  1. Salmon is one of my favorite healthy eats. This looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this salad looks delish! Can you make one for me? ;) Glad you are enjoying the summer so far, my friend!
    Cheers,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm using this month to be healthy too! I cut out all sweets and wine and I'm trying to do more workouts on my own.

    Amy

    Fashion and Beauty Finds

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

DESIGN + DEVELOPMENT BY LET IT BE BEAUTIFUL